April 5, 2010

Oh! Another Note!

Yes, I am still up from my all-night wedding obsession.  I just remembered some more great news to tell you.  Yesterday (Easter), Mark and I went to Mark's grandfather's house for brunch.  While we were there, I sat down to look through Mark's grandmother's sewing supplies with Mark's grandfather (his grandmother passed into Spirit over a year ago).  This week I've been wondering how I was going to get thread for my wedding dress and lubricating oil for my sewing machine without buying any new plastic (remember, Mark and I are going a year without buying plastic - NoNewPlastic.com).  Mark said he would be very supportive if I decided to buy some thread and oil anyway, which I thought was sweet.  Anyway, I opened up the cabinet with his grandmother's sewing items, and there were two tins full of different colors of thread.  I thanked her in my mind, because I knew she'd led me to that stash.  The second box I opened had an unopened package of sewing machine lubricant on top.  I was teary at this point, feeling so much gratitude at yet another sign from the Universe that everything I needed was being provided for.

You know what else?  I don't have sewing scissors.  I've been using the paper cutting scissors that are so dull, only the very tip is sharp enough to cut my fabric.  I've been cutting everything in 1/2 inch increments.  I couldn't buy more because they are all packaged in plastic, and we haven't found someone who can sharpen the ones we have yet.  Mark handed me 6 pairs of sharp, all-metal shears he found in his grandmother's case.  Thank you Etha (that's his grandmother)!  Miracles like this happen to me all the time.  I think of something I'd like in my life, I don't know how it will happen, and it just shows up.

Here's another great blessing this week.  I mean, I have so many, I could write forever, but here's just one of them.  We had a temporary decrease in the amount of income we would bring in for this month and next month, and we had no idea how we were going to make up the difference, which was about $1500.  Mark and I spoke daily about what our intuition was telling us, and we both felt very peaceful and that we should just continue to focus on the projects at hand.  We did that for several weeks, and then this week I did my taxes and cashed out an account that I didn't even realize existed, and that made up for $1000.  Then, Mark did some recalculating, we found more money we weren't expecting, and now everything is taken care of.  Isn't that amazing?!  I just love my life.  Even though I write and speak about positive living and using your intuition to create your ideal life, it's always great when I continue to get confirmation that it works.  Ha!  I'm always pleasantly surprised.

Okay, I think I'll go snuggle in bed with my honey now.

Love,

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment