April 5, 2010

Early Morning Diary to Prevent Onset of a Nervous Breakdown

Good early morning to you!

It's 6:30am, and I've been up all night obsessing about wedding plans.  My hubby-to-be and I chose a date last night - July 3rd, but now we're talking about different location options.  I immediately started researching all the different options.  I don't know why I obsess so much.  My mind asks a million questions.  Not in the friendly, ho-hum way, but in the, "Oh my gosh, what about THIS!" way.  Six hours later, I have a list of some options for my honey to consider, and I have finally decided to move on.  Move on, Melanie!  Ha!  So, I figured I could work on my dress instead.  Or sleep.  Hmm...there's a thought.  However, I'm procrastinating just a little longer and writing a blog  :)

And now to properly introduce myself and my fiancé:

Here's a photo of my honey and me:


and our kitty cat Cosmo:




Mark and I met almost 2 years ago, and he is everything I've ever wanted in a man and more.  He is definitely a dream come true.  I knew I was going to marry him before I'd even met him!  I saw his name on a website, and it glowed to me on the screen.  Immediately I thought, "That's the man I'm going to marry."  Of course, then my logical mind stepped in and said, "He could be 80 years old for all I know."  My intuitive side replied, "I hope not, because that's the man for me."  

When I first saw him, we were in a room with hundreds of other people, and even though I'd never seen him before, I walked right up to him and said, "Hi, you must be Mark!"  As I was talking to him, I literally saw sparks between us.  Big, quarter-sized white sparks that faded slowly in and out.  I'd never seen those before, so I stumbled over my words a bit while I tried to decide whether I should ask if he could see them too.  I figured it would sound like a cheesy pick-up line ("Hey, do you see the sparks between us?") or he'd think I was crazy.  We became friends and started dating two months later.  Three months after that we moved in together, and now everyday is filled with fun, adventure, and laughter with my best friend.  I love him so much.  

The sun is starting to rise outside my window.  I don't know yet if I'm going to sleep or sew, but I'm just going to reassure myself that everything with our wedding is working out perfectly.  Everything always does, whether I waste energy worrying about it or not.  Plus, if a miracle like meeting Mark and having this wonderful love can happen, anything is possible, even a beautiful wedding and wedding dress in 3 months.  

Many blessings to you,

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment