April 14, 2010

Another Triumph!

You know how I thought I was going to totally ditch my idea for a top and use another pattern?  After talking with my honey, Mark, I decided to give it another go.  My previous work on the top was too pretty to totally toss away.  So, after some more tweaking, the cups and halter tie are done.  Check out the results:

I am thrilled with how it is turning out.  Now I'm working on the sides and back.  I need to add more fabric above the midriff under my arms and around the back to cover up the band of my bra.  I came up with a criss-cross idea that I've just made a muslin for, so I'm going to go ahead and cut it out of my main fabric.  Yea!  I have a tiny part of me wondering if I will need to put in some boning in the midriff to make the fabric more sturdy.  I really hope I don't have to do that (because I have no clue how to), so for now I'm going to push that voice aside.  

Back to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment